Dealing with Anger: A Meditation Workshop
Transform anger into healing and growth
Anger is a highly destructive emotion. When we become angry, we end up saying and doing things that we regret later. And the more we dwell on unhappy thoughts, the quicker our anger and aggression escalates.
“Anger is something that happens inside, when your peace of mind is disturbed. All this arises from having preconceived ideas. Having this knowledge alone can break your personal samsara.”
Buddha identified anger as one of the main causes that make us unhappy. Fortunately, Buddhist philosophy is rich in methods that can help us overcome anger at the deepest level, rather than its mere outward expressions.
Dealing with Anger is a one-day guided meditation workshop based on the Buddhist teachings of H.E. Tsem Rinpoche. Our senior pastors will introduce you to various forms of anger meditation and guide you through experiential exercises designed to help you process your anger and achieve a more positive state of mind. Whether you’re new to meditation or a seasoned practitioner, this workshop is for you.
- 8.30 am Covid screening
- 9.00 am Registration
- 9.30 am Introduction to anger meditation
- 10.30 am Guided contemplation 1
- 11.30 am Experiential exercise 1
- 12.00 pm Reflection 1
- 12.30 pm Lunch
- 2.00 pm Guided contemplation 2
- 3.00 pm Experiential exercise 2
- 3.30 pm Reflection 2
- 4.00 pm Tea break
- 4.30 pm Guided contemplation 3
- 5.30 pm Group sharing and debrief
- 6.30 pm End
- Detailed explanations of the traditional contemplations
- Guided meditation sessions
- Experiential sessions
- Audio recordings of the guided meditations (post-event)
- Workshop materials
- Pastor service & support
- Lunch, tea and snacks
- Covid self-test kit
As a not-for-profit organisation, we do our best to make our programmes available at a reasonable rate. The fees also support the cost of facilities, sanitising of premises and overheads.
Can I stay overnight?
Our guesthouses are open for booking if you’d like to spend the night in Kechara Forest Retreat. Priority room booking will be given to programme participants who register at least two weeks prior to the course start date. See our rooms and rates.
What to Bring
- Notebook and pen
- Water tumbler
- Comfortable clothing that allows you to sit cross-legged on a meditation cushion
- A shawl or sweater in case you feel cold
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent if you’d like to explore the temple grounds
- Medication or antihistamines if you have allergies to pollen, etc.
- Face masks, face shield (optional) and hand sanitiser
Benefits of Anger Meditation
According to the Lamrim, a moment of anger destroys tremendous spiritual merits that we accumulated over a very long period of time. Therefore, it is extremely important for spiritual seekers to reduce anger, otherwise all our efforts to progress on the spiritual path will be in vain.
Meditation helps us understand the frequency and strength of our anger. We become familiar with our triggers and reactions, so that we can lessen our outbursts and have better relationships with the people around us.
As our mind calms, we gain insight into the deeper causes of our anger. Through this process, we’ll finally be able to face our internal demons and make peace with ourselves on a very practical level.
- To enhance your experience, you’re encouraged to minimise the distractions of daily life. This includes using electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets, and laptops throughout the course.
- Room sharing arrangements are subject to availability.
- Prior to registration, participants must complete a COVID self-test at our designated screening area. You may proceed with the course if your test result is negative.
- Please wear face masks and comply with official SOPs to ensure a safe experience for everyone.
- Cancellation Policy: A partial refund will be issued for cancellations made at least five working days before the course start date. An administration fee of RM30 will be charged. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than five days before the course start date.
- If sign ups for a particular language do not meet the minimum threshold, the programme in that language will be cancelled. You are welcome to join a different language group; otherwise your registration fee will be refunded.
- The management reserves the right to amend the programme and/or revise prices without prior notice.