Are you an animal lover looking for a meaningful day out with your pets? Look no further than Kechara Forest Retreat’s Pets’ Day Out!
Explore our 35-acre grounds, get a special pet blessing from our pastors, visit our beautiful Buddha statues, or just relax and bond with the fur-mily. Admission is free!
- Session 1: 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Session 2: 2.30pm – 4.30pm
As it’s our first pet-friendly event, Pet’s Day Out is open to dogs and cats below 16 inches tall (measured at the shoulder). We hope to welcome our larger furry friends in the near future.
Visitors must comply with social distancing guidelines and other SOPs to minimise risk and ensure a safe experience for everyone.
House Rules for a Better Pet-Friendly Experience
We ask that you and your furkids observe our pet-friendly house rules:
🐾 USE DEDICATED PET TOILET
- Pets are only allowed to relieve themselves at the designated pet toilet areas.
- Upon arrival, please bring your pet to the designated pet toilet first before continuing to enjoy our grounds and facilities.
- Please pick up after your pet and dispose pet waste in the designated waste bins.
- While on the premises, please ensure your pets are wearing diapers if they are not toilet trained.
🐾 LEASH YOUR PET
- Please keep your pet leashed and accompanied by human owner at all times.
🐾 SOCIALISE YOUR PET
- Your pet should be friendly and comfortable with humans and other pets.
🐾 KEEP TO DESIGNATED PET-FRIENDLY AREAS
- For hygiene purposes, only outdoor areas are pet-friendly.
🐾 NO PETS ON PUBLIC FURNITURE
- Please keep your pets on the floor or inside your pet stroller/carrier.
🐾 NO EXCESSIVE NOISE OR NUISANCE
- Be considerate of other guests, pets and pet owners.
- If your pet seems uncomfortable, please take your pet for a walk or for some quiet time.
🐾 BYO FOOD
- Please bring your own food and snacks for your pet.
- Water and water bowls are available on site.
🐾 BE RESPONSIBLE
- To ensure the health and safety of all pets, we recommend that your pet is vaccinated and on flea/tick prevention treatments.
🐾 PET MARSHALL
To ensure hygiene and safety measures are met, our pet marshalls may impose the following to ensure rules are followed.
- Penalty between RM10-RM50
- Insist pet and pet owner leave the premises
All penalties received will be donated towards our animal welfare projects.
Animal Rescue Activities
Our founder, H.E. Tsem Rinpoche was known for his love of animals. When Rinpoche conceptualised of Kechara Forest Retreat, it was meant to be as much a sanctuary for animals as it was for people.
In particular, our Aviary provides a new lease of life for birds rescued from abuse, neglect and a life in captivity. Today, it is home to over 40 birds including Sulphur-crested White Cockatoos, Cockatiels, African Greys, and Budgies.
Do visit our Aviary and say hello to our feathered friends during your trip to Kechara Forest Retreat.