Welcome to the second Pets’ Day Out at Kechara Forest Retreat! First of all, we’d like to thank all our four-legged furriends and their hoomans for coming by and making our inaugural Pets’ Day Out held last month such a success.
Secondly, we’d like to announce that there will be no size limits on your furkids. The day is now open to dogs and cats of all sizes!
Finally, we’ve added some major improvements such as starting earlier in the morning and coming up with some really fun things, all for your furry kiddos and you!
Take your furkid on a guided pet pilgrimage, get a special pet blessing from our pastors, go off-leash & picnic in our nature campsite, splash around in the wading pond, or just relax & bond with the fur-mily in our 35-acre grounds. Admission is free!
- 9.00am – 11.00 am
House Rules for a Better Pet-Friendly Experience
We ask that you and your furkids observe our pet-friendly house rules:
🐾 USE DEDICATED PET TOILET
- Pets are only allowed to relieve themselves at the designated pet toilet areas.
- Upon arrival, please bring your pet to the designated pet toilet first before continuing to enjoy our grounds and facilities.
- Please pick up after your pet and dispose pet waste in the designated waste bins.
- While on the premises, please ensure your pets are wearing diapers if they are not toilet trained.
🐾 LEASH YOUR PET
- Please keep your pet leashed (except in off-leash area) and accompanied by human owner at all times.
🐾 SOCIALISE YOUR PET
- Your pet should be friendly and comfortable with humans and other pets.
🐾 KEEP TO DESIGNATED PET-FRIENDLY AREAS
- For hygiene purposes, only outdoor areas are pet-friendly.
🐾 NO PETS ON PUBLIC FURNITURE
- Please keep your pets on the floor or inside your pet stroller/carrier.
🐾 NO EXCESSIVE NOISE OR NUISANCE
- Be considerate of other guests, pets and pet owners.
- If your pet seems uncomfortable, please take your pet for a walk or for some quiet time.
🐾 BYO FOOD
- Please bring food/snacks for your pet if required.
- Water and water bowls are available on site.
🐾 PET MARSHALL
To ensure hygiene and safety measures are met, our pet marshalls may impose the following to ensure rules are followed.
- Penalty between RM10-RM50
- Insist pet and pet owner leave the premises
All penalties received will be donated towards our animal welfare projects.
Animal Rescue Activities
Our founder, H.E. Tsem Rinpoche was known for his love of animals. When Rinpoche conceptualised of Kechara Forest Retreat, it was meant to be as much a sanctuary for animals as it was for people.
In particular, our Aviary provides a new lease of life for birds rescued from abuse, neglect and a life in captivity. Today, it is home to over 40 birds including Sulphur-crested White Cockatoos, Cockatiels, African Greys, and Budgies.
Do visit our Aviary and say hello to our feathered friends during your trip to Kechara Forest Retreat.