2D1N Getaway to Peace and Balance
The Inner Peace Retreat is a meditation and wellness programme packed with insights into how to live well by reducing your stress levels through meditative practices. Unwind and relax through meditation and contemplation exercises guided by experienced facilitators in beautiful and tranquil surroundings.
The programme includes:
- Sunrise meditation
- Sitting meditation
- Walking meditation
- Reflections at the fish pond
- Grounding exercises
- Fully catered with wholesome vegetarian meals and comfortable accommodation in the forest
This 2D1N introductory meditation retreat aims to reconnect individuals of the fast-paced 21st century with the environment and self, and offers an opportunity to realise peace and happiness through traditional and proven meditation techniques, which contributes to an improved perception of oneself and others, increased professional contentment and harmonious relationships.
Supplementary grounding and debriefing exercises will help you internalise your experiences so that the knowledge and tools acquired are sustained and incorporated into your daily lifestyle.
- Two super single beds
- Ensuite bathroom
- Kechara members: Less RM50
- Rate is per pax
- Bunk beds
- Common bathroom
- Kechara members: Less RM50
- Rate is per pax
To register, please contact us at least 10 calendar days before the date of the program. Availability is on a first come first serve basis. Check our event calendar for upcoming programme dates!
- Cancellation Policy: A partial refund will be issued for cancellations made at least five working days before the retreat check-in date. An administration fee of RM75 will be charged. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than five days before the retreat check-in date.
- This is a silent retreat. To enhance your experience, you’re encouraged to refrain from using any electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops throughout the two days.
- Room sharing arrangements are subject to availability.
- Prices are subject to revision without prior notice.
- The management reserves the right to amend the programme from time to time without prior notice.
- 8.30am – 9.30am: Check in
- 9.30am – 10.15am: Orientation
Briefing on house rules, programme & facilities. Light refreshments will be served.
- 10.15am – 11.00am: Meditation Fundamentals 1
Meditation is the most beneficial exercise for gaining clarity of mind. You’ll go through the principles and benefits of meditation, followed by a guided meditation.
- 11.00am – 12.30pm: Sitting Meditation
Sitting meditation is a constructive method to develop discipline of body and mind. In our fast paced society, it has become a challenge to simply be still. The constant distraction from an abundance of activities to the beeping mobile phone ‘stuck’ to the palms of our hands has created a habit of needing and wanting a continuous stream of new excitement, thus creating a society that is easily bored.Sitting meditation redevelops discipline as you’ll sit in physical and mental stillness to gain clarity of mind and realise your fullest potential.
- 1.00pm – 2.00pm: Lunch
You’ll be served a menu created for the wellbeing of your body and mind. During the meal, you’re encouraged to practise eating meditation techniques intended to create mindfulness that will help improve your digestive health and allow you to rediscover the flavour of quality natural and healthy recipes.
- 2.00pm – 2.15pm: Reading
A self-learning session on the mind. You’re encouraged to share your views with the facilitator.
- 2.15pm – 3.15pm: Meditation Fundamentals 2
You’ll continue to study the benefits of meditation based on research done by renowned institutions which show how meditation enhances your general health and improves your relationships with others and especially yourself. More challenging meditations such as walking and contemplative meditations will also be taught.
- 3.15pm – 4.30pm: Meditation in Nature
You’ll apply the development of awareness and being present in the midst of nature by listening to the sound of water coupled with placement meditation exercises.
- 4.45pm – 5.45pm: Walking Meditation 1
Walking meditation is a beautiful way to get in touch with yourself even though it’s a more challenging method of meditation where you’ll focus on both the breath and walking. To add on to the challenge, there will be distractions from nature’s beauty and sounds.Being in the present is very empowering for developing clarity of mind. You’ll sharpen your senses as you learn to develop and hold clarity of thought while your body is moving. This meditation technique also relieves you from the tension and stress of “the rat race” because you’ll be able to enter meditational mode quickly to realign and re-ground your thoughts under “busy” circumstances.
- 6.00pm – 7.00pm: Expression Through Art
Expressing experiential learning through art is a beneficial process that transforms thoughts and sensations which go through your mind into tangible images. Using different methods of expression and communication like painting is a refreshing approach that taps into an area of your mind that has been long neglected.
- 7.00pm – 7.30pm: Freshen Up
- 7.30pm – 8.30pm: Dinner
Dinner is prepared in Asian style. During the meal, you’re encouraged to practise eating meditation techniques intended to create mindfulness that will help improve your digestive health and allow you to rediscover the flavour of quality natural and healthy recipes.
- 8.30pm – 9.30pm: Meditation on Loving Kindness
Meditation on loving kindness is one of the most empowering forms of meditation to develop compassion. When done properly, it enhances your quality of life by developing a conscious appreciation and innate gratitude towards life and all living beings. This session combines two powerful meditative techniques of contemplation and single-pointed concentration.
- 9.30pm: Day Ends
- 6.00am – 6.20am: Hot Drink
- 6.30am – 7.30am: Sunrise Meditation
Sunrise is one of the most precious moments of the day yet we often miss the opportunity to soak it up as we’re constantly rushing to start our usual hustle and bustle routines.In this session, you’ll return to Manjushri Hill’s slopes / Rinpoche’s Cabin to observe the beauty of the sunrise and enjoy the first rays of morning sun touching your skin as the mist gently lifts.
- 7.30am – 8.30am: Walking Meditation 2
You’ll return to Tara Walk for another session of walking meditation to practise the techniques learnt on Day 1.
- 8.30am – 9.30am: Breakfast
The most important meal of the day where nutrition and flavour find a perfect balance.
- 9.30am – 10.45am: Sensory Discovery with Herbs
Your sense of smell triggers past experiences and affects your state of mind. In this session, we aim to bring your mind to a state of calm and serenity by using the natural fragrance of herbs from our own garden.
- 11.00am – 12.30pm Tour of Kechara Forest Retreat
- 12.30pm – 1.00pm: Rest
- 1.00pm – 2.00pm: Lunch
During the meal, you’re encouraged to practise eating meditation techniques intended to create mindfulness that will help improve your digestive health and allow you to rediscover the flavour of quality natural and healthy recipes.
- 2.00pm – 3.00pm: Debrief and Closing
It’s always fulfilling having completed a wholesome retreat as your body and mind are in harmony and clarity. The key to experiencing this balance in the long term is consistent effort. Our facilitators will support your internalisation of the retreat with a closing session and also introduce follow up programs that are available to support you to further realise the benefits of meditation.
- 3.00pm – 4.00pm: Pack & Check-out
- 4.00pm: Program Ends
The activities in this program have been specially designed to allow you to achieve the following benefits within the comfort and ease of a well-designed retreat space.
Interaction with nature has many physical health benefits. Based on the commonly accepted healing benefit of Mother Nature, our Inner Peace Retreat includes the following:
- Fresh Air: An abundance of oxygen purifies the blood, soothes the nerves, promotes healthy and vibrant skin and contains beneficial negative ions.
- Green Contact: You’ll enjoy rare direct contact with the natural elements of the forest
- Detoxification: Meditation is emotional detox. Breathing fresh air and eating balanced meals improves circulation and hence helps emit toxins from your body.
Calm & Peaceful Mind
Physical health must be complemented with emotional wellbeing. In fact, many doctors advocate emotional health as a core ingredient for physical healing.
The Inner Peace Retreat provides a platform on which you can exercise this awareness and reap its benefits.
- Silent Therapy: Helps relieve stress and develops clarity of mind
- Emotional Healing: Nature is a natural anti-depressant and stress reliever
- Concentration: A form of mind training that improves your performance at work and enhances your effectiveness in creating a balanced lifestyle
- Positive Attitude: Nurture this state of mind through reflection and contemplation in our meditation exercises
Open communication and the opportunity for individual expression at the end of the retreat allows you to understand your team members’ behaviour and personalities better. A calmer and more focused mind helps to reduce interpersonal conflict as well, thus resulting in effective working relationships and improvement of team functionality to achieve common goals.
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing that allows you to sit cross-legged on a meditation cushion
- Long-sleeved light cotton shirts for walking meditation
- A hat and sunglasses to protect from the sun
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Water tumbler
- Small towel (for perspiration)
- Medication or antihistamines if you have allergies to pollen, etc.
Follow up programs to further develop inner peace and spiritual development are available for those who are interested. For more information on advanced meditation classes, please get in touch with us.