Experience life in a Buddhist community
Temple Stay is a unique cultural and spiritual opportunity to experience Tibetan Buddhism by immersing in daily temple lifestyle, participating in prayers and rituals, and engaging in communal activities.
It is a wonderful way to recharge, find sanctuary from the city, and make time for yourself through spirituality.
- Choose from a range of temple activities
- Free and easy – come for a few hours or a few days
- Mingle with temple residents and make new friends
- Suitable for Buddhists and non-Buddhists
- No admission fee
- Best paired with an overnight stay. See all rooms and rates.
- 8.00 am: Sweep temple grounds, water offerings in Wisdom Hall
- 9.00 am: Clear candle offerings, clean Relic Temple prayer hall, help in the farm (Wednesday & Saturday)
- 10.00 am: Mantra recitation at Relic Temple (except Wednesday), puja at Wisdom Hall (most days), torma making (selected days), help in the farm (Wednesday & Saturday), help in the cafe.
- 11.00 am: Volunteer in Saraswati Arts Studio, help in the cafe.
- 12.00 pm: Puja at Wisdom Hall (most days), volunteer in Saraswati Arts Studio, help in the cafe.
- 1.00 pm: Lunch break
- 2.00 pm: Volunteer in Saraswati Arts Studio, help in the cafe.
- 3.00 pm: Daily puja at Wisdom Hall, volunteer in Saraswati Arts Studio, help in the cafe.
- 4.00 pm: Volunteer in Saraswati Arts Studio, help in the cafe.
- 5.00 pm: Puja at Wisdom Hall (most days), volunteer in Saraswati Arts Studio, help in the cafe.
- 6.00 pm: Help in the cafe
- 7.00 pm: Dinner break
- 8.00 pm: Book club (Tuesday), mantra recitation at Relic Temple (Wednesday), Swift Return puja (Thursday)
If your visit coincides with a Buddhist festival or ceremonial event, do enquire about seasonal activities.
How to Register
- Choose the activities you are interested in
- Register at least a day in advance at wa.me/60103020999 (WhatsApp message) or in person at Wisdom Hall.
- You may also register on the day of your visit. However, we cannot guarantee that a space is available.
- Activities before 10.00 am are not open to non-resident guests.
- Activities after 5.00 pm are open to non-resident guests with pre-registration.
- Before you come, check this list of what to bring.
We recommend signing up for a variety of activities including a daily prayer service, some communal work and trying your hand at Buddhist art.
If you are staying for an extended period, you may also be interested in our volunteer programme.
- Participants must complete a COVID self-test at our designated screening area before joining the programme. Bring your own nasal/2-in-1 self-testing kit or purchase one from us. You may proceed with the activities if your test result is negative.
- Observe social distancing guidelines, wear face masks/face shields and comply with other SOPs to minimise risk and ensure a safe experience for everyone.
- Your preferred activity may not be available during your visit as daily activities change according to the needs of the temple.
- Participation is subject to management approval.
- The management reserves the right to amend the programme without prior notice.